Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Dog Show beginner

So for the last 5 month we have been showing Lancelot and now Fable.  It has been quite the experience, and I still feel like a newbie.  This past weekend was UKC premier, which was actually as much fun as conformation gets LOL.  Showing dogs in conformation and getting titles helps people to know that your dogs are up to breed standard and look as good as they work.

On the fun side are the agility, rally and obedience shows, those are what I am working up to, conformation is just the boring work side of things.  Isa is beyond conformation years, even though she much more mellow and is finally able to be calm and let people touch her.  So I am training her in rally and possibly competition obedience, she loves it and is doing very well.  Both Isa and Lancelot passed their AKC Canine Good Citizen test this week.  We will be training Keeper as well probably in agility or Rally.

Willow is training Lancelot for agility right now, and in the fall will probably add in obedience.  I am training Fable for agility and very beginning obedience as well.  Both Lancelot and Fable love agility and are showing quite an aptitude for it.  Its not a bad workout for me either!

The biggest thing for me right now, short of being ready to compete, is meeting so many new people, dog lovers all of them.  It's nice to have something to do that gets me out of the house and in contact with others who have the same interests.  I am joining the club where we train (AADTC)and plan on being able to pitch in and do things with them too.

Health wise I am doing a little better - discovered that I am hypothyroid, either from all the constant inflammation or from the Lyme disease.  I am starting to slowly take natural desiccated thyroid and I am noticing some little differences. I still need big rest days (like today)  but that gives me time to sit down and catch up on blogging. All in all things are moving in the general direction of me being well.  My next endeavor will be to get a part time job and help to pay for all the dog training and supplies.

All in all its good to be interested in something again and feel like I am getting things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment