Sunday, May 31, 2015

To my Mom on her birthday

I glimpsed you as I walked by the mirror today,
I thought I heard you when I spoke,
I feel your heart as I hug my kids,
I miss you so much.

You left far too soon.
Each day I struggle to think of the happy memories,
you wouldn't want me crying over you.
I can't help it mom, you were the center point of my life for so very many years,
the constant in an ever changing world.

You were a generous person,
self-sufficient, forgiving and peace-loving,
You were a sun-loving a gardener.
You lived with pain every day but it never stopped you.
Your family was everything to you.

Thank you for the legacy of your scrapbook albums,
I think I am finally ready to go through them and hand them out.
Words cannot express how very much I want you back, to see your grandchildren grow,
to pass on your gifts and love to them. You would be so proud of them.

I love you and miss you  every day Mom, the world is a very different place without you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment