Sunday, February 22, 2015

Where do you start with a Bucket List...

One of the things I have never done is to create a bucket list.  We all have things we want to do in our life, but losing my Mom and Bill has me thinking about all the things I want to do but never have. First of all I would like to leave letters or videos for my loved ones, so many times I wish I could hear my Mom's voice or see her smile and we have the technology today to make that happen.

After that my list gets less specific, I want to travel, learn ballroom dancing, write something, go to culinary school.  Somehow I think these are not detailed enough to actually help me get them done. Traveling is probably the least possible right now, with the new farm we have more room and responsibilities, and a lot less money!  I think this might be a long term goal I have to save for.

Ballroom dancing seems not so far away - find a school, then just go there.  Writing, well this blog is something!  The culinary school thing is not totally new for me - I love food and cooking though I have not been doing much of it these past years with the Lyme disease sapping my energy and restricting my diet.  Still the desire is there, and I hear the Schoolcraft college has one of the best programs around.  I am actually going to look into that first because it seems like a bucket list item that can benefit me and my family right where I am.

I am quickly becoming addicted to the Food network shows, especially the ones that combine my love of cooking with traveling and tasting all kinds of new food.  That is one list item that I will have to do vicariously though - it takes a lot of money to travel just to eat!

I feel its a good start to my list, now I need to get specific and add some small things, maybe shoot for a list of 50 things to do before I die... hey wait isn't that a movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment