Saturday, June 7, 2014

Month 3 of Lyme treatment and recovery

I can't believe it has been 3 months already, time flies when you are busy and working on a new house!I have been on the Plaquenil for 4 months and I did 1 month of regular oral dose Doxycycline, 1 month of higher dose Doxycycline and the past month has been Zithromax because I developed severe sun reaction to the Doxycycline.  

A couple of weeks ago I woke up and noticed that I was doing more with less fatigue, slowly over time getting better.  I still have back pain but I am assuming that may be permanent.  I won't have my CRP results for another month yet but I know they will be down because overall I am feeling better.  I still have de-conditioning issues, and I am slowly doing more and more physical stuff to overcome that.  I get sore from too much work but that is because I am painting my new house for hours at a time, walking around for hours and in general just doing normal things.  The ringing in my ears has slowly lessened and my other symptoms are fading as well.  I am really seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  I will be on the Zithromax for several months yet and the Plaquenil as well but I am recovering.  Thankfully all this comes right when I need the energy and ability to paint, box stuff up and get ready to move.  My biggest new problem is weight gain from eating to take my pills, I never used to eat in the morning at all and now I have to I tend to eat too much all day long.  Not sure why that is, either way it's time to do more exercise and eat better foods.  So excited that I will be able to exercise finally and not have it wipe me out.

The house is slowly being done, the roofers are finishing up today, the plumbing has been started, we have internet and phone over there, the painting is almost done, I have some trim work to do downstairs and I need to paint the kitchen drawers and finish lining the cupboards.  Then we have to paint Willow's room and trim the upstairs and it will be all done!  I have discovered I actually enjoy painting, I love to see the finished product and it appeals to my perfectionist tendencies to do the cutting and trim. My latest project was the kitchen - I kept the colors that were there but repainted everything. 



We are still waiting on the gas and water lines to be put in and the septic field to be replaced, and the plumbing and bathroom to be rebuilt but hopefully that will all happen within the next couple of weeks so we can actually move in at the end of June.  We are slowly packing boxes and carting them over, we will be hiring a moving company to take all the heavy stuff and furniture over (recommedations are welcome!).

I miss my mom and Bill terribly, I wish they could be here to see me getting well and us getting the new house.  Them being gone makes life so different.  I think they would be proud and happy for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment