Thursday, May 22, 2014

Moving, painting, lyme and life

Two months into my treatment,  I had to switch antibiotics because the doxycycline was giving me sun poisoning and terrible nausea.  I am now on pulsed Zithromax which seems to be a lot easier on my body.  I am slowly feeling better, still have a lot of pain but I feel more functional finally.  We started painting at the new house,  it shows how out of shape I am.  Still it feels good to finally be getting stuff done and the colors are so nice.  We are figuring middle to end of June to move in, things just keep dragging on. 
Life still feels "off" with my mom and Bill gone. I cry at the drop off a hat and it sometimes still feels like nothing will ever be right again,  I guess in some ways it never will be right.  Eventually we will get to a new normal and I won't feel so bereft of family, I am really not used to having no one to call and tell all my news to except my sister.  Sometimes I am so angry that they are gone and it feels terribly unfair but I guess that is just how life goes.
I am taking a weekend vacation over my mom's birthday,  I plan on thinking about her and remembering all the good.  I also want to buy a scanner for negatives and get as many of her pictures digitized as possible,  I need those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment