Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lyme treatment day 7...

Today is the first day I feel a little decently.  Monday and Tuesday I could barely get off the couch to eat, yesterday morning was awful then toward yesterday afternoon I started to feel a little more like myself.  Still very tired but I was able to do the bills, cook myself breakfast and shower without wanting to collapse so that is a big improvement.

Still have some old/new symptoms and the ringing in my ears is still there.  I wonder where the treatment goes from here, I know that the dose of antibiotics I am on is probably not enough to kill it all off but I think a higher dose would have put me in such bad shape I wouldn't want to continue treatment. Eight years is a long time for the bacteria to multiply and hide itself in my cells. I have been told I can't expect it to be killed off in a few weeks. Either way being off the arthritis meds is a blessing.  The hardest part is finally believing this will all be over and that it has all been due to a stupid bacterial infection that is (in time) curable.  After so long and so many things that didn't work this is actually the only thing we have not done.  With any luck the oral antibiotics will work and I won't end up with a implanted IV line for anti-biotics.

Yay to the thought of being healthy and active again!  I even bought a park pass when I renewed my plates for the first time in many years. I miss the outdoors so much.  I guess that probably explains how I got my exposure to the tick in the first place though LOL.  Unfortunately even after this I will not be immune to Lyme so I will be very careful with tick checks and everything else after being in the woods or walking in tall grass. The better news is - if you know you have been bit and get treated right away its relatively easy to cure in the early stage.

Time to get ready to take Pierce to Piano, to my delight, that boy is really musically inclined!  I indulge his love of music as much as I can afford. Imagine a 15 year old boy that actually asked for piano lessons - no way I could say no to that.  Too bad he doesn't like singing though, I still am alone in my household with that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment