Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lyme Disease Treatment Day 5...

Well this illness is taking over my life again, I guess in a good way because according to my doc if I get worse on the antibiotic then I have Lyme and it is working.  I am worse in some ways and better in others.  The joint pain is fading fast - I was able to go off the Celebrex yesterday and the pain is pretty mild.  I have no IBS symptoms (though I am still taking acidophilus to counteract the antibiotic) for the first time in months. The headaches are more transient and less debilitating that the ones I usually get.

On the other hand, my heart rate is up, my blood pressure is down, I feel like I can't catch my breath.  I am fatigued but not able to sleep and I am weak like I just came off a 3 day bout of the flu. I have trouble talking and remembering what I am saying or doing and I am so sensitive to sounds I am thinking about wearing earplugs around during the day.  There is constant tinnitus that used to be transient and only occasional. I get vertigo if I move my head too fast.  A lot of these symptoms I have had over the last 8 years but none recently and not all at the same time.  It takes a bit of getting used to.

Not sure if this is classic or not but this all started on day 3 of the antibiotics.  I am hoping it fades soon.  I forced myself to get up, eat and shower and do a little housework this morning and I feel like I am about done for the day. I really just want this whole nightmare to be over, and I want to come out on the other side with my health back.  I am tired of chronic illness and all the stuff that comes with it..



No comments:

Post a Comment