Monday, May 22, 2006

My new Kitty from God


We had a rough weekend with our cat Casey. She stopped eating again on Friday and I knew that this time was probably her last bout with the kidney failure. We got to keep her a month longer than we thought, and we lavished every bit of attention and love we could on her these past weeks.

When Casey got sick we thought we would not get another cat, mostly due to the fact that we didn't want to deal with a kitten and when it comes time for us to leave for missions we don't know if you can take animals. During this last month of Casey's life we developed something that convinced us we needed another cat... mice! Yuck. Casey was too old and sick to kill them and our dog Risha is deaf and can't hear them to be interested enough. So on Saturday I started surfing the internet looking for a cat.

My first choice for a cat was a 3-6 month old Siamese, since they are my favorite breed of cat, they are very peopel centered and becom a family member. Casey was $100 when I got her 17 years ago and today siamese cats go for 200-400 with any in this area being around $400. Still I called the closest breeder to us that I could find, hoping her prices might be lower. She didn't answer the phone so I printed out a list of shelters and headed out in the car to find us the perfect female cat.

I got in the car and started praying, I have done too many things out of God's will and I wanted his blessing and his hand in this endeavor. I prayed that God would help me find the perfect cat for our family and that if he didn't want us to have a cat that I wouldn't find one. I went to a few shelters and adoption places with no luck at all. Sometime in the course of my travels I decided to call the breeder one more time to see what her prices were and if she had any older kittens.

She answered the phone and told me that her kittens were $400 each. I told her the story of my siamese cat and asked her if she had any older kittens available. She told me about this 6 month old male chocolate point that she had help back to become a stud and that he was a twin to his father and she didn't need him. She told me if I wanted to drive up she woudl give him to me, all I had to do was promise to neuter him. So I drove up to meet him and ended up bring him home. Talk about a gift from God. Here He not only gives me the go ahead to get a cat, He provides the expensive cat I want - at the perfect age for my needs for free.

So as we said goodbye to my Casey kitty for the last time today we knew that God was blessing us and comforting us all with our new family member, Caesar.


He even cares about our pets, what an Awesome God!

1 comment:

  1. Yes HE does care about our pets!!!
    Hallelujah!
    We went through that with our kitty Chelsea...

    So excited to hear about Ceasar!...
    Hey I know someone who is giving kitty's away for free...that is if you want 2 kittys!...:) xoxoo

    ReplyDelete