Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's a journey to wellness

Haven't been posting much, my improvements have plateaued - possibly because I may have developed Hashimoto's disease.  I will find out this week sometimes I hope.  When i went for my quarterly checkup my thyroid was enlarged by quite a bit so he did some bloodwork and a thyroid ultrasound.   I am still off the Celebrex and working constantly at keeping my diet along the lines of the GAPS plan to try and help heal my intestine and get my flora back to a more normal state. 

Taking the summer off LDA to see if my c-reactive protein will be fine without it or it is helping as much as the diet is.

On a brighter note, we got a lot of the garden in after we got permission to cut down the 2 big trees that were shading our entire little tiny yard so we will have some of our own produce this year!  I am currently shopping for a pressure canner - hoping to find an All-American on Craigs list for a decent price.

Homeschooling is done for the year we just have one cleanup day and I have to go through everything for next year and get it set up.  We got a microscope which is exciting!  as soon as we get the school room cleaned up I will be bringing that out.

We have a new group of friends recently and brad and I are finally working toward our dream of an intentional community as well as continuing with our preparedness and survival efforts.  Life is good when I rest a lot in between all of the fun stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment