Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to Abu Dhabi

So Brad is back in Abu Dhabi and the kids are back from vacation and schooling again.  I did nothing but rest all weekend so i am doing well other than catching the cold everyone else has.  It's good to be back to school and I find I am becoming more relaxed about it once again.  I was worried about cramming everything in, catching them up and making sure they get the best education, and I realized we need to enjoy the journey as much as we need to get them a high quality education.

We talk a lot about why I am homeschooling and our goals for them to be self motivated and learn to think for themselves and even be great thinkers.  We talk about why they do not get to watch much TV or play with computers or video games.  For the most part I think they get it and they like it.  We did have some fun family time today and after school watched some educational TV today about "going green" as in reusing, and recycling stuff and we learned about making useful stuff from garbage and unused things.  They loved it and I agreed to let them do some reusing projects for science.  It really made us think about how much we waste in our house.  I am going to let them help us figure out ways to live lives that show better stewards of our earth and resources.  It will also help us be better stewards of our money too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment