Thursday, September 22, 2011

Personal Accountability...

The other day Brad and I were having a chat on why we are in the place in our life that we are, it was a rather deep and personal discussion, but it brought home a big point.  In general we are here because of choices we have made. 

Its a big deal now-a-days, people do not want to accept that where they are in life is their fault or their own doing.  Things I did 15 years ago still affect my life today and some in a very negative way.  The tendency is to want to blame it on other circumstances or other people when, in reality, I have no one to blame but myself. 

This just drives home the point that I really need to be open with my kids and teach them to make good choices early on so they don't screw up their life when they are older and wanting things to finally get good.  Good choices in schooling, money, relationships and most of all in going to God.  When they are my age I want them to look back and be happy with where they are not struggling like I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment