Monday, October 12, 2009

Yay for family

So my cousin has been coming over to help me while Brad is out fo the country and it has been really nice.  The kids love her and they have been able to do some fun stuff with her that I am not up to doing.  They went ot the apple orchard and picked apples.  Then over the last couple days have made most of the apples into sauce and apple butter.  Very yummy.  It has been a learning experience for them and her, she didn't know how to make applesauce and though it was cool to learn.  It has been great having her here, someone to talk to and catch up with who understands a lot of what I am going through. 

I find that a lot of stuff Home Ec wise is just taught in the day to day things we do with our kids.  Pierce loves cooking, sometimes he even talks about being a chef LOL  but then he changes his mind about what he wants to do weekly.  He does love to critique my cooking so maybe he will become a food critic!  I talk to them about why we do certain things when we cook and what is healthy food and what is not.  They still like to eat unhealthy food, but at least they kow it is junk and some of why it is LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment